Call for entries in categories of “Community Leadership” and “Excellence in Education” announced at EADV Congress
- Galderma, in partnership with the International League of Dermatological Societies, has launched the search for initiatives that will fulfil an important role in strengthening the global dermatology community
- The Galderma SKIN PACT awards, part of a wider programme with social responsibility at its heart, will recognise entries in two categories:
- Galderma is committed to advancing dermatology to improve and support the lives of individuals living with, and impacted by, dermatological conditions
Lausanne, Switzerland, 9 October 2014 – Galderma is proud to announce the launch of a new global initiative under the SKIN PACT Programme that will provide support for two new projects in the field of community dermatology. The winning entries will be awarded funding to implement future projects to help shape advances in Community Leadership and Excellence in Education to improve communities and patient quality of life.
The Galderma SKIN PACT Programme recognises those who see the true potential for advancement in their field and are willing to work passionately to make that vision a reality.
“The Galderma SKIN PACT Programme represents an important development of our corporate social responsibility focus in dermatology, something we at Galderma have prioritised for many years and consider a vital element in supporting a sustainable dermatology community worldwide,” commented Humberto Antunes, Chief Executive Officer, Galderma S.A. “It is important that we value the people and ideas that can make a difference and generate a positive impact in advancing dermatological innovation.”
The SKIN PACT awards are open for entry from now until 4 March 2015; in March the shortlisted entries, determined by an Expert Panel of leading dermatologists comprising of members of the International League of Dermatological Societies, will be announced on the SKIN PACT website and peer voting will commence. The final decision on the winners will be disclosed, and awards granted of US$15,000, at the World Congress of Dermatology in Vancouver in June 2015.
“This is a truly innovative approach to determining projects that will benefit patients and physicians, as well as the wider community, and this will be recognised through the support given by community voting. The winning projects will reflect the sustainable approach to connecting people across the globe to drive the focus represented by these new projects. We look forward to announcing the winners next year,” said Professor Dr. Wolfram Sterry, President of the International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS).
For all media enquiries, please contact:
Communication Associate Director
Phone +33 (0)1 58 86 45 92
Notes to Editors
About the Galderma SKIN PACT Programme
The SKIN PACT Programme has been developed by Galderma, and the awards are held in partnership with the International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS). This support is part of Galderma’s commitment to growing a responsible and sustainable dermatological community – community leadership and continuing education are at the heart of our approach.
Remit of awards categories
- Community Leadership – Proposals for projects under this category should take a fresh and sustainable approach to improving the lives of patients with skin conditions
- Excellence in Education – Proposals for projects under this category should be aimed at educating healthcare and public communities about skin health issues in a sustainable manner
All proposals must:
- Be voluntary initiatives that will demonstrate a real benefit to the skin health community
- Be new project ideas ready to start in 2015
- Be implementable by the individual/ team proposing the project
- Be submitted and implemented by an entrant over the age of 18
- Include quantifiable measures of success
- Include a project leader who is a qualified medical doctor
Projects proving benefits to patients by virtue of a medical treatment will not be considered.
Please visit www.galdermaskinpact.org for further information and to access the award entry information.
Galderma is a global company founded in 1981 committed to delivering innovative medical solutions to meet the dermatological needs of people throughout their lifetime while serving healthcare professionals around the world. The company has 34 wholly-owned affiliates with a worldwide network of distributors and more than 5,000 employees. Galderma’s extensive product portfolio is available in 80 countries.
With approximately 19% of revenues invested each year to discover and develop new products and access innovative technologies, the company is one of the world’s leading investors in dermatology R&D. Five state-of-the-art R&D centres and five manufacturing sites are dedicated to providing a wide range of innovative medical solutions which meet the highest standards of safety and efficacy
For more information, please visit www.galderma.com.
About the International League of Dermatological Societies
The International League of Dermatological Societies (ILDS) is a non-governmental organisation in official relations with the World Health Organization. It was formed to:
- Stimulate the cooperation of societies of dermatology and societies interested in all fields of
- cutaneous medicine and biology throughout the world
- Encourage the worldwide advancement of dermatological education, care and sciences
- Promote personal and professional relations among the dermatologists of the world
- Represent dermatology in commissions and international health organizations
- Organise a World Congress of Dermatology every four years
For more information, please visit www.ilds.com.
Our goal is to encourage an open and respectful dialogue on the topics posted on this blog. We therefore welcome your comments on these posts. We however reserve the right to monitor your comments. Here are some reasons why we may decide not to publish your comments:
- As Galderma works in a regulated industry we can’t engage in discussions about products. Please refrain from mentioning Galderma products or products from other companies in your comments. We reserve the right not to publish any comments which reference a product
- Your comments include offensive, abusive, defamatory or discriminatory content
- Your comments are off-topic
- Your comments offer health or medical advice
- Your comments violate copyrights or intellectual property
- Your comments are commercial (i.e selling products or services)